Recon Ron Pullup Program
Create Post

Recon Ron Pullup Program

So, I saw people were getting annoyed at the "bumping of old threads", so I'm making a new one.
    I have the chart up, with the weeks, reps and whatnot. My question is, for instance on the first week it says "6, 5, 5, 4, 3". Is that meaning in one workout, do 5 sets, with that many in each set every day for that week?
    Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but that's the most sense I could make out of the chart without an explanation. The reason I'm so confused, is because this is saying "Total: 98" for week 38, and part of me just fails to believe that someone could do 98 pull ups in one sitting since people are always saying how they can't get 20 (I don't really know if that's a lot, I've never had to do pull ups as I'm a female). Thanks for any insight, I really want to start trying to do pull ups to strengthen my flexed arm hang, and for that matter, if you know any good ways to help FAH let me know

Quote Originally Posted by SoonToBe3521 View Post
    So, I saw people were getting annoyed at the "bumping of old threads", so I'm making a new one.
    I have the chart up, with the weeks, reps and whatnot. My question is, for instance on the first week it says "6, 5, 5, 4, 3". Is that meaning in one workout, do 5 sets, with that many in each set every day for that week?
    Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but that's the most sense I could make out of the chart without an explanation. The reason I'm so confused, is because this is saying "Total: 98" for week 38, and part of me just fails to believe that someone could do 98 pull ups in one sitting since people are always saying how they can't get 20 (I don't really know if that's a lot, I've never had to do pull ups as I'm a female). Thanks for any insight, I really want to start trying to do pull ups to strengthen my flexed arm hang, and for that matter, if you know any good ways to help FAH let me know
    Monday, do a set of 6, then a set of 5, then 5, the 4, then 3, thats the routine you follow everyday till Saturday, then on Sundays you rest. And then you do the sets it says to do on week 2.

You can get to 20 easy if you work hard, from what I have seen more than half of poolees just show up to PT and thats it, it you go to PT and work out on your own you can drastically increase the number that you do, for instance i went from 3 to 17 in about 2 months. (There is a female that is in the DEP with me that can do 23)

A Navy Seal did over a 1,000 total in one work out (not continuous) to raise money for wounded warriors, so trust me its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by robbyj View Post
    Monday, do a set of 6, then a set of 5, then 5, the 4, then 3, thats the routine you follow everyday till Saturday, then on Sundays you rest. And then you do the sets it says to do on week 2.

You can get to 20 easy if you work hard, from what I have seen more than half of poolees just show up to PT and thats it, it you go to PT and work out on your own you can drastically increase the number that you do, for instance i went from 3 to 17 in about 2 months. (There is a female that is in the DEP with me that can do 23)

A Navy Seal did over a 1,000 total in one work out (not continuous) to raise money for wounded warriors, so trust me its possible.
    Ohhh, okay. So I only do one set of 6?

and that is one nuts Navy SEAL. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonToBe3521 View Post
    Ohhh, okay. So I only do one set of 6?

and that is one nuts Navy SEAL. Haha.
    You do 6 pullups, then 5, then 5 more, then 4, then 3 with a minute of rest between.

Shows what a motivated person can do when they don't sit on their butts all day.

Quote Originally Posted by robbyj View Post
    You do 6 pullups, then 5, then 5 more, then 4, then 3 with a minute of rest between.

Shows what a motivated person can do when they don't sit on their butts all day.
    OH! Okay, that's what I was thinking at first. Thanks!

I never really did the program but did do a pyrmind system though but then I just started maxing what I can do then resting for 25 sec then going back for the same number I maxed out at and trying to hit it a second time or even doing more. It helped me out alot.

Hitting the bar alot along with the lat pull down machine does wonders. Also do a push up pyramind to build those back and chest muscles up.

I am going to start this program and hopefully get my 20 pullups before I ship and im shipping in june.

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    You could strengthen your back muscles for pull ups, not chin ups, by doing alot of rows and back extensions. Many poolees at my station go for chin ups, which to me is not as great as pullups. Your going to need that back strength. I guess it is all about preference, but my back does not fatigue more than my biceps.

Either way, pyramids to me are the best to increase your number of pull ups because your constantly pushing your body harder as you are failing.

Thread Information